Welcome ICC Cell
The Internal Complaints Committee of PES’s College of Engg. , Phaltan is constituted in accordance with the provisions described in the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013 .
- To create healthy working Environment for both gender to prevent any sexual harassment.
- Define the mechanism for raising awareness at workplace.
- Take consistent action for prevention Prohibition and Redressal of complaints received regarding sexual harassment and gender discrimination of Women personnel at the workplace.
Here it should be noted that according to the Supreme Court guideline Sexual harassment can be defined as “unwelcome” sexually determined behaviour (whether directly or by implication) as:
- Physical contact and advances;
- Demand or request for sexual favours;
- Sexually coloured remarks;
- Showing pornography; and
- Other unwelcome physical, verbal or non-verbal conduct of a sexual nature. (Vishakha judgment by Supreme Court)
Therefor sexual harassment takes place if a person
- Subjects another to an unwelcome act of physical intimacy, like touching, brushing, patting, pinching, stalking assaulting, etc.
- Makes an unwelcome demand or request (whether directly or indirectly) for sexual favours and further makes it a condition for employment, promotion , increased pay, additional benefits, special privilege, gifts etc.
- Makes an unwelcome remark with sexual implication, like sexually explicit compliments, dirty and loud jokes, sexist remarks, etc.
- Shows a person any sexiest explicit visual material, in the form of pictures, emails, cartoons etc or any offensive written material with pornographic content.
- Engage in any other unwelcome conduct of sexual nature verbal or nonverbal, staring offensive sign/gesture, singing, Making sounds, etc.
- Makes unsolicited invasive inquiries into the private lives of employees-Asking of person’s sexual fantasy, preferences, activities, behaviour/relationship with spouse.
The Committee shall meet as often as may be needed and appropriate. Frequency of meeting: twice in a year and as and when necessary.
Who can file a complaint?
- Any student, irrespective of age and/or gender, may file a complaint against an incident of sexual harassment.
- Any woman employee of PES ‘s COE ,Phaltan including faculty and staff as well as any woman visiting the Campus in any capacity may file a complaint against an incident of sexual harassment.
How to file a complaint?
A formal written complaint must be filed either as a hard copy or an email within 90 days of the incident about which the complaint is being filed. The ICC is required to complete the process of inquiry and submit its report within 90 days of the filing of the complaint.
The formal complaint must contain the following:
- Date and time of the incident.
- The place where it occurred
- Name and contact information of the accused
- Name and contact information of witnesses
- Detailed description of the incident
Please seek assistance from the ICC committee members if you are not sure how to write the complaint. All information related to a complaint will be kept strictly confidential.
Where to file a complaint?
You can communicate with the Presiding Officer or any other member of the ICC through phone or email. For purpose of further enquiry, you will have to submit a formal written complaint addressed to the Presiding Officer, ICC.